Getting Through : ARTicles
MO letters we had as children.
from moon beam - Saturday, October 23, 2004
accessed 4912 times
This article is not finished yet.
It will be filled with snippets of un-purged material that we had to read as children. It speaks for itself!
This picture is David Berg in bed with Zerby and her daughter. It was in the "Heavens Children" A story of what would happen after Bergs death and what we would encounter in our lifetime.
The last 6 chapters of The book says.
66. So I settle down between them in their dreams & encourage them in the spirit to begin dreaming of me, that I am actually here in bed with them, like I really am! So I first make glorious love with Maria,(Zerby) with all of its wonderful feelings and spiritual thrills and delightfull orgasms!
67. Then I turn to Techi, & she too, is dreaming of me-her dear old Granpa-lover! She had always said that when she grew up, she wanted to marry me & have my children! Of course, as there are no longer any such thing as Man's legalistic laws against INCEST in the loving kingdom of God, everyone loves everyone & is completely free in His all-encompassing Love! So I make wonderful, sweet, precious love to my now beautiful teenaged Techi! She seems thrilled and delighted with having this wonderful love-dream with Grandpa, exited and satisfied that she has some time, even in her dreams, with her long-beloved Granpa!(Psa.84:11)
69. So they are thrilled & exited and seem to sense that there is something very special about it, that they feel granpa's presence very near & very dear to them both, as always! They then drift off back to sleep together in each other's arms.--And |I am thrilled and satisfied with my first visit back with my little family on Earth together again! Rhank You Jesus! Praise the Lord!
70. I hope everyone here is looking forweard to their wonderful family reunions again together very soon, because it won't be long now until we're all together again forever & ever & evermore with Jesus & his Holy Family! (1TH.4:17-18)
71. So everyone here Hurry and get your jobs done so you can go! God bless & keep you in Jesus' name, amen!
This next extract comes from another childrens book called "Heavens girl" The picture that acompanies this part is of a young teenage marie (based on Mene) being held down and legs apart by a number of anti-christ soilders just before they were to put her in a lions pit.
"The commander was the first to climb on top of her. As he monted her she told him, "Really, Commander, I could love you much better than this if you let go of my legs & remove those handcuffs!" The Commander not beleiveing her and suspecting that she might try and escape if she were released, didn't pay any attention to her, although he was surprised at how she wasn't trying to resist or turn away from him!-- In fact, to his shock, she smiled & responded lovingly & told him again that she & her God loved him!
Several of the men made love to her in this same manner, & most of them, like the commander, were finished in just a few moments. With each of them, Marie tried to show them real love, sincere love, the genuine love of God! After wathcing her make love to 4 or 5 of his men, the Commander began to think that Marie was telling the truth about not resisting them, so he told the men who were holding her legs to release them & uncuff her!
To the pleasure & delight of the men who were next in line to make love to her, they found that she threw her arms around them & wrapped her legs around them and showed them more love and effection then they'd ever felt or known! Marie, knowing that this could be her last opportunity to witness God's love to others , not only showed each of them as much love as she could through such loving and ardent sex, but also told each of them something personal about how Jesus loved them & how he could help & save them!"
Taken from Page 71 out of 620
VOL.3 chapters 8-10
Heaven's Children Chapter 9! page 243 DO 2107 (DO means Disiples/Members only)
Berg speaking about heaven in the moon;
4. I've got some marvellous new ideas, revalations! I think they're really revalations of God's organisation of Heaven. My God, I'm so thankful I don't have to live with those old people, you know, all those old tabernacle Saints, churchy christians that mother preached to!....
5. God has to reserve housing for all of us & all of our converts & all those that know the Familyy & understand our way of life & doctrine. We're a whole colony apart. We're a whole entire group of millions who are different from the churches and churchy christians & the rest of those people in Heaven.-And they don't even understand us, and they still won't understand us! I mean they are like in Kindergarten or first grade, wheras we're sort of up near the top in the educational process. I mean we're a whole colony of a separate kind of distinctly different christian! We're up higher!
6. My God! I don't want to be close to those people!....I realy don't want to live with them! My Lord! Those old fogies! They have so much hto learn, so far to go! I don't know if they'll ever catch up with us! Thank God for my Family & my intimates & my revolutionaries!-............
26. I mean you can call it racialism if you want to, but I believe everyboby is happiest with their own kind who really know and understand eachother & live together & work together. We're a Family!..........
28. But still, I want to live with my own Family whom I understand & who understands me & my own leaders and workers and co-workers that I've worked with for years & all of their people and staffs; & around us, completely surrounding us, right? We won them to the Lord They know us, they don't know these other people. They don't know Hutterites & Anabaptists & Methodists & presbyterians & Baptists & all the other people, they don't know them, they don't even understand them. All they know is us & our love & our kind of free religion, & and they want to be close to us!.....
37. I got to thinking about how many of those old tabernacle saints & all those old people I used to know are going to be there, & I thought " Oh my God! Thank God I don't have to live with them!" My mother & father can shepard them and take care of them. I mean they are their fruits, their Family, their products, their fellowship, & they can have them, thats fine, God bless them! But my Lord, I don't want to live with them! They wouldn't even begin to understand us & our freedom & our sexuality & all the rest. I mean it might take them years to learn! (Maria: It seems they're going to have to learn it sooner or later.) Yes but we're the pioneers, we're so far beyond them & above them when it comes to those things, I mean beyond their comprehension at first.....
50. But it will take a little while to convince them to be like us, because I really think we are the best & we're the ones who are right, & they have to see things like we do even if it takes us a thousand years to get them converted to our ways & concepts, our practices, our freedoms!
51. But I think they're going to like it.-- Especially when they see some of my beautiful Heaven's girls & FFers! I think thgey're going to win the men over real quick!-They'll be lining up at our doors! (Maria; Maybe our men can win the woman over real quick.) Yes! Yes, I think that is really going to help a lot. They're going to be very thankful for us & our love & our sexuality. Really, I believe it!
52. I believe it because they need it & they know it, they just don't like to admit it because they think it's not sanctimonious, not holy and pure and saintly. Whereas our kind of religion is the most pure, holy & saintly there is because it's not self-rightousness, it's strictly the righteousness of God, the salvation of Jesus right? Amen!
"The Girl who wouldn't"
"The Devil hates sex"
"My chilhood Sex"
"My flirty little fish"
Reader's comments on this article
Add a new comment on this article
|from moon beam|
Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 11:13
These were published in 85 and the volumes were put into books and were distributed to pre-teens and teens in 1987/8 The idea was for everyone to have a copy.
They were for members only and Not for the publics view. When we were traveling I was told to cover them with wallpaper or wrapping paper.
(reply to this comment)
Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 18:20
I think that is a great idea. I need to be reminded of all the crap that was my bread and butter as a kid. I also need it to validate to others that all that we went through originated from the top.
(reply to this comment)
Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 02:32
Great idea! Does anyone have Uncircumcision 1977 (no jokes please!!) if so please post it here! Also any pictures of Zerby would be good.
(reply to this comment)
Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 02:31
Great idea! Does anyone have: Uncircumcision if so please post it here! Also any pictures of Zerby would be good.
(reply to this comment)
Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 06:27
On the same topic, while moving a few months back, I came across a box filled with cult literature. I wonder if anyone else remebers how disgusting some of the interpretations and slides were from the "Bible in Pictures". I thumbed through it and was absoloutely appalled!
(reply to this comment)
| From Siolo|
Wednesday, October 27, 2004, 22:59
When I left TF way back in 94, I took a few books with me for 'old times sake'. Among the books I choose were the fat brown FN Encyclopedia, 3 of the Mo Letter volumes and Heaven's Girl. I occasionally flip through them and am sometimes shocked. How can it happen that an entire group of 'sane' people could just drive off the deep end like that? Come on! Heaven is in the moon, God wants you to be a whore, you should feel obligated to have sex with everyone who asks it of you, beat your kids for thier own good, trust strangers with the lives and well being of your children, breed like a rabbit even though you have no personal resources to provide for your spawn.
I have mostly moved on, I have a good life now and I try to just put all that insanity aside and take reponsibility for myself and my future. I just still don't get it, it baffels me and it seems so pointless. What was the end to all the suffering? Not just ours as children but the single moms, the family women, our mothers who put us in that situation? I know they suffered as well but why did they choose to follow and continue to follow the family way and it's stupid, screwy doctorines, for what?
Anyone that has ever visited me and picked up one of The Family books that I own is like "What the Fuck?!" Even without any explanation they just recoil at the Mo Letters. 17 years of my life was eaten up by that crap, that's way more than half my time on the planet and it all seems so inane and trivial. How could anyone have ever fallen for it? Were they all stupid or mental?
Moses David, Gandpa, Berg, whatever you want to call him; he was no genius and his writing was niether lucid nor even interesting yet it was the stuff that my pathetic childhood was made of. I'm just angry about it being so senseless, such a waste of suffering. Had I grown up the same way but ruled by some cause with at least an inteligent ideology (Say Marxisim for example), I could just blow it off and know that at least the cause of my neglect was not entirely banal. But this crap? I was raised on the ship of fools.(reply to this comment)
| From ChrisG|
Thursday, October 28, 2004, 18:16
Unfortunately, I spent 22 years listening to that crap. I wasn't able to break away from it as early as you were. If you do have a scanner, I think it would be great to upload some of the articles from the FN Encyclopedia to this site. I think the author of this article is planning on uploading Heaven's Girl already. The FN Encyclopedia was a big part of my steady crap diet as a little girl, and some parts of it really affected me, like the article from the girl saying her Dad was trying to come on to her. She asked Berg what she should do, and he wrote back "According to your faith be it unto you". That showed me as a kid that nobody was going to protect me from anything, since I knew most people had "faith" for just about anything sexual. I am at a period in my life where I am trying to come to grips with the cruelty of my upbringing, and seeing some of the stuff the Family used to publish would help me do that. It would also help validate the claims of all of us who post on this site. (reply to this comment)
| From Siolo|
Friday, October 29, 2004, 00:26
I don't post here very often and I think that for the most part I am better off spending my time studying and working, rather than trying to sift through all the family flotsom that we already know about. I was caught at a weak moment last night when I read the original post. I, like many others, feel compelled to return to this site or to associate with former members even though we know that there is nothing new to learn. I supose it gives us validation of sorts, yes this happened even if the rest of the world does not know or care about it. I think there is also a component of comfort. 'Normal' people can go home, they can return to the houses they grew up in or the schools they attended. For us, there is no home. We can only return to memories, most not good and we can come back to those others that shared the experience. It almost makes me melencholic, this eventual dissalution of the family. When it's all gone and over will it make what we went through less real? Will we drift farther away and have nothing to call our childhood home?
I'm curious about your situation, I can't imagine having stuck it out in the family as long as you did. Now that your out and taking stock of things do you feel differently about the family literature than you did when you were still a member? Obviousl, as you said in your post, you had issues with some of the things that you came across, but how did you last so long?
I remember being about 10, sitting in devotions early one morning. There was a new pub out and the adults were pretty excited. They read through the thing and it said that Grandpa had recieved a prophecy about heaven being inside the moon, they used the bible to back up this goofy theory. I'm sure you remembr all this. Anyway, right then I looked around the room at all these grown people with fanatically excited expressions and it hit me that every single one of them was insane. Some guy comes up with this idea and with no proof, no empirical data, nothing to contradict centuries of Astrological study and theological for that matter; but every adult in the room took it as fact. I knew right than that I had to get out, they were all crazy.
I should go now, I wish I could stop coming back to this site. But here I am getting paid like 30$ an hour to dwell on my past (I am at work still you see, but not working). Enough. Best of luck to you, i'll see if I can find the article you mentioned.
siolo(reply to this comment)
| From ChrisG|
Friday, October 29, 2004, 15:05
I think the answer to your question about why I lasted so long is multi-pronged. Just to clarify, I left a few years ago, but I am at an especially introspective time at my life right now because I quit my job to go to school full time, and academia has really gotten my brain moving. One reason I lasted so long is because I was in situations that were more prone to "brainwashing" than others were. For example, I was in a combo at 7 years old (I'm now 26), which was one of the first combos developed. After that time I was consistently in big homes with heavy indoctrination going on. I went to Jett camp and a teen home. I know of many, like my husband, who never really swallowed the crap, and I think it is because they spent more time with just their families and/or had more exposure to society (my husband went to school for years). I was kept extremely guarded and constantly indoctrinated from a very young age, which I think contributed towards my devotion to TF as a child and teenager. At 7 and 8 years old I already received weekly Mo Letter reading lists (including letters like “The Girl Who Wouldn't”) and wrote daily OHR's and reactions to each individual Mo Letter. Secondly, my personality has always been an “all or nothing at all” type. Since I believed that what I was fed my whole life was the truth (I was never exposed to anything that would have led me to believe otherwise), I went all out for it, and was considered a “good” family girl. I believe those are two of the main reasons why it took me so long to realize TF was full of crap and cut off all ties with it. Another reason is that I had actually started to believe that all the abuse I had experienced as a child was sort of my imagination, because I was told time and again that I was exaggerating when I would tell fellow family members stories of my early childhood. Since all the early sex pubs had been burned, I had no proof, and I started to believe that my mind was making up stuff. During my last five years in the family, I was in a home with only other young people, and we were sort of doing our own thing, so I figured that the past was in the past, and that we were innocently serving the Lord. Of course, being in a young people’s home gave me plenty of opportunity to socialize with the world (and to look up sites like this one), which is what made me aware of how off the family was and also helped me recognize that all the abuse that I had gone through was not a figment of my imagination, but was a direct result of the cult leader’s writings. (reply to this comment)