Moving On | Choose your lifeMoving On | Choose your life
Safe Passage Foundation - Support to youth raised in high demand organizations

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Home | New Content | Statistics | Games | FAQs

Getting Support : For the Geeks

Anyone know anything about this?

from Aita - Tuesday, January 07, 2003
accessed 2394 times

Apparently we (as in movingon participants) are being blamed for the following virus which is attacking only Fam. homes. The following is taken from the FYG:

"From: South Legend
Date: Fri Jan 3, 2003 8:15 pm
Subject: Scripts alert!

Don't open anything you get from an email address called

"friends"

in Japan.

They are using a mass mailer program to send it out since the email was delivered to my Bulk Mail box.

Anything that ends in .scr is a script (small program, probably a virus) and NOT a screensaver.

They are sending some nasty viruses out. I believe they are targeting Family members.

I only use this address for two Family discussion groups. Therefore I suspect someone who frequents the movingon site since there has been mention of our group there.

If you already got the Virus (W32.Yaha.K@mm ) then use the removal program from here: http://www.sophos.com/tools/rmyahsfx.exe

This is a zipped file which contains a tiny 82 kb file. You may have to run it off a floppy disk since W32.Yaha.K@mm replaces the WindowsServices.exe file with itself.

Find out more at : http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32yahak.html

This following comment was apparently a joke since "monger" offered to shag any good looking girl who created a virus that affects the Family. But who knows if someone who never said anything decided to email viruses out to known Fmaily email addresses.

Quote From butterhead (moving on site)
18 October, 2002, 10:02:00 AM - I've signed up for the next course on how to create computer viruses, monger! It's a pretty brilliant idea...we'd probably hear of some heart attacks amongst fam.members who thought the end was at hand upon realising they have the vandari virus. In my opinion, the virus should only kick in when someone trys to log on to the members only site.
But Monger, I won't forget that offer of yours!

END QUOTE"
____________________________________
Another comment from FYG:

"I am constantly resisting the urge to counter attack
those guys on "moving on". I received a virus also and
I know I could (if I had enough time) whack them one
good and hard.

Sort of like if it is a war they want then i'd
seriously enjoy giving it to em.

BTW you can report people who send you viruses to
relevant internet authorities.

Sol"
and another:

"I received an email containing a virus by someone
claiming to be a moving on website member. I shelved
it as a childish prank and for the most part forgot
about it. However I have since heard from others that
they have received a similar type of email. "

Anyway, I just wanted to post this as some Fam. members I know have contacted me asking whether I'm also responsible for this, being that I'm a member of this site.

I really don't care what everyone does on their off time but I don't think it's right to send this stuff out in the name of movingon participants, or the site.

Reader's comments on this article

Add a new comment on this article

from bunnyfaith
Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 18:26

(Agree/Disagree?)

to butterhead who ever you are... that was the best comment I've read yet!!!

from JP M
Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 18:09

(Agree/Disagree?)

For all the conspiracy minded folks on the FYG, before you threaten retaliation on someone or a group of people (OMG I'm scared), find out first if you got the facts straight. For example, look at this link and see if you think you are really being targeted.

http://www.zdnet.com.au/newstech/security/story/0,2000024985,20270925,00.htm

most notably the portion:

"The worm arrives in the form of a .exe or .scr attachment to an e-mail with a variety of subjects and messages, and contains it's **** own e-mail client to mail itself out, forging the from address.****"
(**** emphasis added.)
From Ana K
Wednesday, January 15, 2003, 19:14

(
Agree/Disagree?)
I know my comment has nothing to do with what is written above, but none the matter
JP I don´t know if you remember me but I used to live with you in Brazil at the FED I haven´t been in contact with anyone or anything related to the Family since I left 5 years ago.
My sister was in the US and told me about this web site, I happend to land on this page and read your comment. Anyway, I´d really like to write Carol, it would be nice to catch up with you guys. If you can let me know yours or her e-mail. Take care, and give love to your daughter Nicky from me.

From JP M
Thursday, January 16, 2003, 14:09

(
Agree/Disagree?)
Hey, Ana, long time. Just yesterday me and Carol watching our wedding video and the tapes from Itapecerica and saw you by the pool there. We both were wondering what had become of you. Write me at my profile, or use ICQ(177143334)/MSN(jpmagero@msn.com).(reply to this comment
from pharmaboy..
Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 02:50

(Agree/Disagree?)
Anyone know the link to FYG? I want to have some fun..
From God Save Us
Wednesday, January 08, 2003, 20:04

(
Agree/Disagree?)
Uh-oh, Pharma the Terrible has discovered his purpose in life! (reply to this comment
From JohnnieWalker
Wednesday, January 08, 2003, 18:23

(Agree/Disagree?)
Correction:
The URL is supposed to be:

Sorry...just going through another bout of stupid days again. :)(reply to this comment
From Pharmaboy...
Thursday, January 09, 2003, 04:45

(
Agree/Disagree?)
Thanks JP! You’re like a mother-in-law to me!  Reading that Family Yahoo group was like a breath of fresh air compared to the ugly bitterness displayed on this site, the blind ignorance there refreshed and inspired me. My thoughts drifted to sweet memories of incest(my dear grandmother, how I miss you!) and household pet mating scenes, sheesh, did I just write that? Sic. Anyways, as I was saying..what was I actually trying to say? Oh, yes(speaking into pair of headphones) HOUSTON, ARMSTRONG HERE, I NEED TO MAKE A CONFESSION, I’M A LESBIAN SHEMALE.. That Nat guy is a pretty nice dude, I wonder how he’d look on fire? NO, NO, Smeagol must not think such things, we like master, well ok, we do but what harm is a little paraffin and a match gonna do to someone’s hair? Be nice to master, OK OK, but only if he leaves my friend J Dahmer alone and stops messing with my head every time I go to a KFC drive-through. Fucking hell, they repeat your order to you twice just so you have that constant doubt: did he really say it twice or is it a time loop in my head? I’m sure that nasty Gollum did something to my bike’s spark plugs every morning I get electrocuted when I touch them with my knees, it has some aphrodisiac properties cause I get to work every day with a huge boner that lasts about 2 hours, I just tell colleagues I’m an Ent & I’m having a bad branch day, they don’t seem to mind(maybe ‘cause they’re all sexually frustrated 50yr old women married to gay men for visa purposes?). Ok, I’ll stop now before I get into the XXX version of Dilbert, but I’m sure you all understand the general concept I’m trying to explain on how it’s all a conspiracy the US is to blame for McDonald’s and the yahoo family group SUCKS and this is the kind of posts I’d write there.(reply to this comment
From JohnnieWalker
Wednesday, January 08, 2003, 18:18

(Agree/Disagree?)

You'll have to create a Yahoo account to join the group.

Once you do, you can get on there and have all the fun you want -- but only reading fun. You won't be able to post anything that's not to the moderators' liking. Nat (FYG Moderator) screens every new user that joins the group. If he knows you're an Ex-member, he'll go over what you write with a fine-tooth comb before allowing it to be posted.

So much for freedom of speech in the Family.(reply to this comment
From Big Sister
Thursday, January 09, 2003, 02:16

(Agree/Disagree?)
Aw, I wanted to go listen to those guys but the link doesn't work (at least I had no luck, trying several ways).

They're gone.(reply to this comment
from I know butterhead
Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 00:57

(Agree/Disagree?)
Pardon me while I have the best laugh of my life! I know "butterhead" and can assure you that they haven't a clue about coding viruses, much less sending one via email on purpose. If the virus was intended solely for the Family, then how did Mcafee get ahold of and diagnose this virus first.

And another thing...does this 'Sol' guy/gal really think they know enough about hacking to "whack [us] one
good and hard" and get away with it? Seriously, if any ex-member was as hard up for cyber-vengance as Family members apparently think they are, I think there would have been sucessfull attacks on the Family's sites long ago. Heck, the FYG Yahoo group would have been shut down. From what I hear, it's not that difficult (for a pro) to get a Yahoo password. With that data, all you'd have to do would be to log into the moderator's account and shut the group down.
From tommyknocker
Thursday, January 16, 2003, 13:01

(Agree/Disagree?)
you don't need to be a "pro" to hack a yahoo password. And if wanted to shut it down all you need is someone to "talk" about some illegal warez sites or leech ftps and yahoo will shut it down. (reply to this comment
From meh
Thursday, January 16, 2003, 16:09

(
Agree/Disagree?)
I guess that was done? I went to the address for curiousity's sake (maybe some little tyke I knew as a kid would be a part of it). Aaaannd (gasp) it's gone.(reply to this comment
from Jules
Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 20:05

(Agree/Disagree?)
I'm pretty annoyed by these arrogant, ego-centric wanna-be geeks making these accusations.

When I heard about this, I went on to the FYG and explained to the CMers that this virus emails itself by itself, is attacking many computers worldwide (IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT THEM), and spoofs the senders address so you can't immediately see where it actually came from.

Sad to see hysteria and paranoia take hold so easily.

For more info on this virus see: http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=99918#characteristics
From Ian
Wednesday, January 08, 2003, 20:11

(Agree/Disagree?)
Annoyed??? I can't take it anymore...my dick goes limp every time I read anything at that stupid site. I just finally took enough time to put two and two together and figure out that this NTL freak is the dork from the 4-life group. Ha Ha Ha, no matter how hard you try you just can't polish a turd.

I think it was George Carlton who had a list of people that needed to be "Smashed repeatedly in the head with heavy mining equipment". That may raise the collective IQ of the planet.

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of anything 4-Life has produced? I want to play it at high volumes while I'm torturing small animals in the basement.

They do have that one hot chick that sings. I would fuck her (altho that's probably not the highest compliment I could give a woman) I guess, as long as she promised not to sing any more.

I wonder if when you play their music backward you can hear tongues and masturbation to jesus?

"Another fine post by ian"

From Jerseygirl
Wednesday, January 08, 2003, 21:24

(Agree/Disagree?)
Ian your post was hilarious until I was finally able to get to that site--how I regret it. My blood started boiling so much so that I had to run and take an ice bath--well not literally --but torturing small animals suddenly seemed like a good idea. In any case the shit they are saying about us and this site is unbelievable to me. For christs sake we are their freakin peers! How can they pretend they didnt go through exactly what we did?? I am so proud of Anthony for his little rebuttals to some of their pathetic attacks. They accuse us of being hostile liars and compare us to Absalom and make refferance to the assumption that those such as us on this site eventually "all end up hanging from trees". I think they are under that severe delusion the bible talks about so that they are believing their own lies. What a bunch of hypocrites!
In the words of Nero in Quo Vadis "Same old faces same old noses--all green." (reply to this comment
From estelle
Tuesday, January 07, 2003, 23:59

(
Agree/Disagree?)
its the end of the world as we know it. When are these FREAKS ever gonna realise that no one gives a shit about them. Actually, I would send them a million viruses if only I had the energy. (reply to this comment
From Ian
Tuesday, January 07, 2003, 20:24

(Agree/Disagree?)
Sure Jules, whatever you say.

Next thing you'll want us to believe is that the world is round and doesn't actually revolve around family homes.

It doesn't matter what the facts are because "the wisdom of this world is foolishness to dog".

"Another fine post by ian"(reply to this comment
From Idiot
Wednesday, January 08, 2003, 11:53

(
Agree/Disagree?)
It doesn't revolve around them? Where was I all my life, raised in a cult or something?(reply to this comment
From Jerseygirl
Tuesday, January 07, 2003, 20:28

(Agree/Disagree?)
Oh Ian--you are too funny! It's God you silly boy,not dog!
From Anthony
Wednesday, January 08, 2003, 15:24

(Agree/Disagree?)
Or god spelt backwards...to state the obvious, hehe!(reply to this comment
From Jerseygirl
Wednesday, January 08, 2003, 15:34

(Agree/Disagree?)
Is it that obvious Ant? ;-)(reply to this comment

My Stuff

log in here
to post or update your articles

Community

53 user/s currently online

Web Site User Directory
5047 registered users

log out of chatroom

Happy Birthday to demerit   Benz   tammysoprano

Weekly Poll

What should the weekly poll be changed to?

 The every so often poll.

 The semi-anual poll.

 Whenever the editor gets to it poll.

 The poll you never heard about because you have never looked at previous polls which really means the polls that never got posted.

 The out dated poll.

 The who really gives a crap poll.

View Poll Results

Poll Submitted by cheeks,
September 16, 2008

See Previous Polls

Online Stores

I think, therefore I left

Check out the Official
Moving On Merchandise
. Send in your product ideas

Free Poster: 100 Reasons Why It's Great to be a Systemite

copyright © 2001 - 2009 MovingOn.org

[terms of use] [privacy policy] [disclaimer] [The Family / Children of God] [contact: admin@movingon.org] [free speech on the Internet blue ribbon] [About the Trailer Park] [Who Links Here]