from openmind - Wednesday, October 18, 2006
accessed 917 times
The Earth is flat, Hail & rain are kept in God's storage place, The Bat is a bird, and Rabbits chew their cud...
Afew excerpts from http://biblebabble.curbjaw.com/errors.htm
Errors in The Holy Bible
The Flat Earth:
- The term "ends of the earth" is used quite a bit in the Bible.
- Job 11:9 mentions heaven and hell's measurements "Their measure is longer than the earth And broader than the sea". How long is a sphere? There is no length in a sphere.
The Sky and Atmospheric Conditions:
- God created a “firmament”, named Heaven, to divide the water on earth and the water in the sky (Genesis 1:6-8). Do we really have a solid sky holding water over us? How the heck did we get to the moon? Does the space shuttle have a "firmament opener" on the front of it? This would explain why every time it rained in the Bible, that God had to "open the windows of heaven" (Gen. 7:1 and Isa. 24:18 are examples). These openings allowed all the water above the solid sky to leak out.
- The heavens are stretched out like a tent (Isaiah 40:22).
- According to the Bible (Job 38:22), Snow and hail are stored for future use by God.
The Stationary Earth:
Psalms 93:1 flat out says that the world doesn't move. "The Lord reigns, he is clothed with majesty; The Lord is clothed, He has girded Himself with strength. Surely the world is established so that it cannot be moved."
The Sun, the Moon, and the Stars:
- In Genesis 1:16 says "And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also." According to this, the moon is a light source just like the sun, only not as bright. If this was the case, we couldn't land on the moon, it would be too hot.
Animals in the Bible:
- According to Leviticus 11:5-6 Rabbits chew their cud and because of this they are unclean. Last time I checked, rabbits don't chew cud.
- According to the Bible, our brother mammal, the bat, is a bird. This one has been debated through e-mail quite a bit, but if one looks in Leviticus 11:13 a list of Fowls is started, and the Bat is included in this list in Leviticus 11:19.
- The locust, grasshopper, and beetle all have four feet according to Leviticus 11:22, then in the next verse, it mentions a group of flying animals with four feet. I can't think of any.