from Banshee - Thursday, October 28, 2004
accessed 1700 times
Since there has been some talk about posting some of the culpable literature of our past, I wanted to add a contribution. And, unfortunately, a few of my comments too. Writing is a form of therapy for me, so oftentimes my posts are more of a venting than me trying to make a coherent point. I guess I post them because I’m neurotic? Who knows.
By the way, the idea to post old letters— excellent! I have wanted to have, as others have said, that substantiation for a long time. I have also wondered if reading it all would help to make a little bit of sense out of what kind of environment could have created such a shortfall in my parents that they could inflict it upon their children.
I assume that many of you have already read this publication, but for those who haven’t, I wanted to post it for them. My brother is one of them. He is out of the Family, but for some strange reason doesn’t believe that Berg was the one who advocated sex with minors. Fortunately for his sanity, but unfortunately for his understanding, he is one of the younger SGs who was too young to have been subjected to “The Devil Hates Sex” or “Child Brides” or other such horror. By the time he was old enough to notice, those publications were long gone, and the great “Familygate” cover-up was in full swing. This is one of the few publications left that expose their conspired cover-up. James Penn has it posted on his site in PDF format. It is typed as it appears in the publication, underlining and unnecessary capitalization included.
Summit ’93 Mama Jewels!—No. 2
For Summit Use Only!
Love, Affection & Sex
CONCERN ABOUT CA QUESTIONS: PRESENTING IT TO THE PUBLIC & EXPLAINING IT TO THE FAMILY
129. I’m sorry that we couldn’t come out at little more forthrightly in the Child Abuse Statement, bringing out the point that all sex between adults & minors is not bad, sinful, harmful or abusive. However, the problem was that we didn’t know how much we could say without putting the Family at legal risk. We wouldn’t have been afraid to admit more if we had known we could do it legally, but we had to be careful & try to protect the Family, & since at the time we were unable to get any expert advice on that subject, we had to do the best we could.
130. The Lord may be trying to force us to come out more with our full beliefs on this matter & to take a stand for it. Of course, this is what we have talked about & debated for months, how much should we say, how much could we say, etc. The way we present this is very delicate, because on the one hand, we can get in very big trouble with the System, & on the other hand, if we handle it the wrong way, there is the danger that the Family may feel that we are saying that the Letters were wrong & what Dad had to say in those Letters was not right & was a mistake. We definitely don’t believe that & we can’t afford to give that impression, so we certainly have to avoid that at all costs. We certainly do not want to say that the Letters were wrong or to say anything that will infer that they were wrong, because they weren’t wrong.
131. I’m really concerned about this subject, not only how to present it to the public, but also because our JETTs & Teens seem to be overwhelmingly getting the idea that all of our sexual freedoms have been wrong. Many of them already have that idea, that the Letters must have been wrong & Dad must have been wrong all this time. Their attitudes & what they’re saying now are indicating this—that all the sexual experiences that they’ve had in the past have been wrong. We’re hearing it from all quarters, & if we can’t put something in print about it, I don’t know how we’re going to dispel these wrong ideas.
132. We may eventually have to come out & just say, “Look, the Letters were not wrong, & loving acts of affection, even those with a sexual tone to them, are not wrong in God’s eyes. However, they’re not right for us right now for several reasons. Number one is because in the eyes of the System they’re illegal, & therefore we must not do them any more. Number two, they usually have not borne very good fruit.—Not because of the act itself, but because a relationship between younger people & older ones seems to be too distracting. We’ve found that relationships between teens & adults for the most part do not seem to bear very good fruit in their lives & ministries. Number three, because of their misunderstandings about the subject, younger people may not be ready for any kind of sexual involvement until they are older, because they have a lot more things to learn, they have a lot of other things to concentrate on & it doesn’t seem that it bears very good fruit. So we do not do it & it’s banned & forbidden.
133. However, that does not mean that loving affection between two people, regardless of age, provided it’s not hurtful & both parties like it & want it, is wrong in God’s eyes. But in the present moral climate of the World today it is wrong for us as it hurts the Work of God. “All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient!” (1 Cor. 6:12)
134. I feel we need to somehow explain to our JETTs & Teens that love & loving affection is not wrong. As it says in the Letters, if it’s not hurtful, if it’s loving, then it’s okay. Of course, having actual intercourse with a child wouldn’t be okay as it wouldn’t be loving, but a little fondling & sweet affection is not wrong in the eyes of God, & if they have experienced the same in the past they weren’t “abused.” We need to somehow help them understand that these things aren’t wrong, & the Letters about them are not wrong, it’s just that because of the System’s very strong restrictions on such things & the severe punishment that they hand out for it, it is no longer fitting & proper for us to do it.
135. Of course, I realize there is a certain risk in declaring that there’s nothing wrong with it in God’s eyes, & we’ve been hesitant to publicly proclaim that. However, I don’t know that we could get in any more hot water than we’re already in by saying that we believe that there’s nothing wrong with loving affection in ideal circumstances & ideal times. I’d be surprised if legally they can prosecute you for what you believe if you don’t act on it! Even if the whole rest of the World believes that sexual fondling of children is wrong & we say we believe it’s okay, but we don’t do it, I don’t think that they could do anything to you.
136. It’s an explosive hot subject, but maybe the Lord is going to force us to take a stand on it eventually & be truthful about it, as we have been about everything else, because the Devil has just got the whole World hood-winked about this! All of a sudden everything that has anything to do with sexual overtones is completely vile & evil & wicked, even though many of them produced very good experiences & were helpful & sweet. But it doesn’t matter to the System whether it was good or whether it was selfish & lustful & bad, to them it’s all bad now!
137. Are we going to just go along with that & promote that idea & continue to be part of the Devil’s great deception & lie just because we’re afraid of what might happen if we tell the Truth? We haven’t help back the full Truth on any other point that I can think of. We’re even coming out & telling the truth about the Jews now! This is about the only subject where we’re really going along with the System, we’re playing along with them, we’re acting like we believe that what we did was wrong, because we have changed & stopped doing it. In other words, we’re saying by inference that we do believe it’s wrong, because look, we don’t do it any more. No wonder our teens are getting the idea that it was all evil.—Of course they’re getting this idea because by our action & rules, without a full explanation, that’s what we’re saying!
138. Perhaps we could at least write something explaining all this to our own kids. Of course our enemies will get it fairly quickly & will use it against us, but maybe we need to take that risk for the sake of our kids & the Truth. I just feel that we need to explain to our kids that any experience they may have had along these lines, if it was loving & if it was desired, was not wrong. We need to show them that even if in some case the experience for them wasn’t so great, that by comparison to what goes on in the System, it still wasn’t “abuse.”
139. It’s a very explosive & sensitive issue, & it could get us in trouble, but I’m very concerned, as are many of you, about the effect it will have on the Family if we don’t say something. Of course, by saying something we risk incurring more trouble from the System, but in some ways I feel that it may be worth the risk, because the System hates us no matter what we say or don’t say. Not bring up the issue isn’t going to make them love us or accept us. They’re out to get us, & no matter what we do or don’t do they’ll still fight us as long as we exist if we’re witnessing & living for Jesus. So maybe it’s more important to take the risk in order to strengthen the faith of our JETTs & Teens.
THE SYSTEM’S VIEWS ON SEXUAL AFFECTION BETWEEN ADULTS & MINORS!
140. This whole damning of any kind of sexual affection, or practically of any kind of affection at all between adults & minors, seems to be something that is sweeping the World now! It was never such a big deal before, & until just recently nobody thought anything of it.
141. Of course, there are a lot of kids in the System who have been horribly abused, which is the justification the Devil is using to crack down on all love & affection between adults & children. Evil men have waxed more evil, & the cruel, selfish, lustful way they have used sex on children has gotten more cruel & more lustful & worse than ever, & those evil people should be punished. But that shouldn’t have caused the end of the sweet affection & the sweet sexual expressions that have always been a part of life, since the beginning. The Devil, however, has used that excuse to call it all evil.
142. Children are now taught in school to turn in their own parents or anyone else that shows the slightest bit of affection toward them. They’re taught that it’s naughty & it’s very bad & those people are sick & they need help, & you’re doing them a favor if you tell on them & report them. Of course, they never tell the children that this is going to get your father thrown in jail for years & years, & get you taken away from your mother & your sisters & brothers, & you’ll probably never even get a chance to live with them or hardly see them again.—They don’t tell kids that! So the children, under this heavy pressure & propagandizing, think it’s the right thing to do. They don’t think their teachers would tell them to do anything wrong. Their teachers are the main source of authority in their lives & they must be telling them the right thing.—And as a result, their family is broken up just because the parents show them love and affection.
Okay… so, yeah, this is bothersome.
As a person who suffered extensive abuse as a direct result of Berg’s teachings, this publication makes me sick with rage at the validation of their level of delusion, and of the depravity and perversion to which we were subjugated.
I wonder if Zerby is aware of how disturbingly similar her argument is to NAMBLA’s. Her assertion that sex with minors can be consensual, kind, loving, and sweet is the reiteration of NAMBLA’s credence. They too believe that sex with minors, if done in love, is…“okay.” (Wow. What literary brilliance, Zerbster.) [“Yeah, isn’t that Michael Jackson’s defense too?”—My Husband.]
What is just spectacularly incriminating in this offal is that in only 11 paragraphs, there are nine distinct times where Zerby mentions children either having had sexual experiences with adults, or saying “we NO LONGER do it” or other such jargon that undeniably implies it WAS happening, and she DID know about it. So…what was that again that didn’t happen, Zerby?
The whole thing about the wording of this publication, and how clear they want to make it that they BELIEVE adult-with-child sex is okay, they just can’t PRACTICE it because of “the System” is just infuriating! So then it just falls under the 11th commandment—Thou shalt not get caught. When you say pedophilia is just peachy keen as long as it’s in the “ideal circumstances & ideal times,” how many of these sick freaks do you think simply decided that they were going to MAKE the times & circumstances ideal? We all lost count.
One thing made clear in these…um… “mama jewels” is that Zerby wants to come out and make a declaration of their “full” beliefs about adult-with-child sex, referring to it as “the Truth.” (I am not sure what strange grammatical rules they were following when capitalizing this word. Perhaps our own dear Grammar Nazi can figure it out.) Apparently this did not happen, and I for one will not hold my breath. ‘Cuz I’d be dead. Someone at some point obviously metaphorically tapped Zerby on her metaphorical shoulder and gave her a reality check. “Hey, psst…yeah, about that. Well, we can’t do that. Well, see, there’s these kids, and they like, grew up, and they are like, witnesses. So it would confirm their accounts. Yes, you could get in trouble more than just being hated by your enemies, the System. It’s this OTHER system…you know, the Justice System? And see, the thing about them is…they ARE real.”
I think it’s absolutely priceless to see her describe her “concerns” about our attitudes towards these NAMBLA-flavored experiences. “[They are] overwhelmingly getting the idea that [they] have been wrong.” Many of them already have that idea, that the Letters must have been wrong & Dad must have been wrong all this time…that all the sexual experiences that they’ve had in the past have been wrong. We’re hearing it from all quarters…” Well, yeah…duh! Could it be—perhaps?—because they WERE wrong, you bloody imbecile??!! Oh, we were just children—how could we know what’s good for us, right?
Now I know why I was told that what happened to me was actually “good” and “in love”, and that if I would just stop being so stuck-up and proud and self-righteous, I would be able to admit that I actually ENJOYED what happened to me. Aaaah…so it was just my prudishness that kept me from enjoying that dick in my mouth when I was TEN. I mean, after all, it wasn’t intercourse, right? (I bet you feel your conscience is clear since you made that little distinction, don’t you, Zerby? Is that what you tell yourself at night?) Pride! Root of all sin! Arrgh! I’ve been hood-winked by the Devil! How horrible of me! I should pray for deliverance immediately! Yeah, way to “strengthen my FAITH”, mother dearest!
Is that why, Zerby, every time you used the word “abuse” you put it in quotation marks, just to make it clear how irrelevant you think that word is? Even if…“the whole rest of the World believes that sexual fondling of children is wrong”… at least the Devil sure doesn’t have you hood-winked, huh? I mean, what with all the “sweet sexual expressions [to children] that have always been a part of life,” you obviously know your up from down!
Since it has now been made abundantly clear that Zerby lives in a parallel universe where sex with children is an everyday part of life, it would explain the last few paragraphs of this debacle. Where she lives, apparently, the Devil (yes, the Devil lives where Zerby lives) has used child abuse to “crack down” (huh?) on true parental love. Now, in her world, if a parent even just hugs his child, that child will immediately report said hug to his teacher, and that teacher will then call “them,” and “they” will come take the child away from his father and mother and brother and sister and cousin and dog and goldfish, and the father sits in jail for years and years and years and there’s a lot of crying and gnashing of teeth. In Zerby-land, parents CAN NOT hug their children. Maybe that’s what’s wrong with her.